Sunday, October 7, 2007

Week 1: in the valley

So here it is, the end of week one here in Los Angeles.

Yes, I am still technically homeless (as I live with a friend and am currently sharing a studio with 2 people), but it looks as if I will be able to move into a new apartment by tomorrow evening at the earliest.

Snap. So good.

After that, it's a car search, and a job search. Then I can finally stop bleeding money everywhere. Very nice.

So for all of you just tuning in now, this is going to be my new blog. It's not much right now, but I think I like this much more than blogging on myspace. It's easier at least, as I check my gmail about 200 times a day. So I hope you'll continue to read as the weeks and months roll on and the wild and wacky world that is Los Angeles unveils itself further to me.

Maybe it'll even convince some of you to come out and try your luck too. You can't deny the urge.

So that's it for now. When I finally have access at my new place, I'll spend an afternoon posting everything about our cross country road trip, including maps and photos of the amazing time Chaz and I had in making the pilgrimage through the heartland (my second in fact).

Oh yeah, and post some comments here kids.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack, welcome to Los Angeles. I hear the bleeding money bit, its a very very expensive city to live. Leslie and I are in Koreatown, we have a 3 bdrm we can't quite afford... or we could if the people employing me would pay me. That's something to watch out for, Jack lots of people have work for you, but most of those jobs don't pay squat. So if you wanna come for a visit do let me know. Have a good time.
Ben

j u l e e ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
j u l e e ♥ said...

that song on your myspace page that goes "how are things on the west coast" kinda played on cue when i read your blog LOL. weird, i know. hopefuilly if anything, i'll be able to visit you next month when dave comes down to cali for 2 weeks. =D

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you made it! Don't get discouraged over the job thing. There's always a way to make it work.

Let me know if you need anything. We should also meet up at some point. I mean, hey -- we ARE old bandmates. What do you think?

Matt DiMarino
818-720-4858

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack it's Kenny!

sounds soooo exciting, hopefully i'll get to experience said trek through the heart land!!!! we're planning to come out and "follow the dream" next year, it's scarey but i hope it actually happens!!!!
glad you're doing well!!!

-Kenny!

Unknown said...

Hey Jack.

I'll definitely be reading to keep up with all of your adventures. I know you'll do amazing things out there, and hopefully I can get out there and visit sometime!

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Yo Jack,

Glad to hear you've made it out to LA. Hope the job search goes well...Hopefully I'll be out there myself in a while.

Matt M.

Bogue The Elder said...

Nice dude, I'm looking forward to seeing how the LA adventure is for you, and getting ready to come out there next Spring myself.
-Jesse