Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So...

so tonight, i'm at my favorite 5 star dining establishment in the valley...Sharky's on burbank, and I'm waiting for my most excellent burrito to be served when I take notice of a couple sitting about two tables away to my left. She is muttering something to He, and from the tone of it, you can tell She's not happy.

so like any other self-respecting writer and people watcher, I take notice.

Then I hear "go, go up there and wait for it", it being their food, apparently the 5 minutes She's been waiting on a fairly busy night are too much for her to bear.

So, He goes. Sullen. Defeated. He's waiting for the delivery that will make his night that much more bearable. Then. He sits down.

Of course, I take notice now because I'm expecting a prompt bitch slap from She. but no, She huffs and puffs, and stands up by herself and almost bumps into the one cook who is brining them their food.

She nastily asks. "what was taking so long"
Cook says "Fish burritos take longer to cook"

So, looking like an idiot, She sits down.
Dear God, you'd think She had a giant tumor and was seconds away from death and that burrito was some new found cure for cancer.

Next, on my way home from that lovely experience (burrito = pretty awesome), I stop in walgreens in order t pick up a few things for NoHo Apt. And as I'm waiting in line, I notice another person that can't wait.

Loudspeaker - "Ding Dong, A Customer Needs Assistance In The Baby Aisle."

Hmm. That's new.

Two seconds later. "Ding Dong. A Customer Needs Assistance In the Baby Aisle"

Yeah. We get it.

This went on, three more times. Even the automated voice sounded like it was getting pissed off.

I almost expected to look into the baby department and see some woman on her back with a baby crawling out of her. I mean, it seemed that urgent.

But no. Turns out she had a question about diapers.

Diapers.

Seriously? Are you kidding me? You keep pressing a call button because you have a question about Diapers? Did the packaging not answer the questions for you?

Ugh. Anyway. Point being here kids. We all need to just relax, calm down, and enjoy life. We'll all get to do what we want to do, but stressing over the small things definitely do not help.

Unless, of course, that fish burrito really is the cure for cancer.

No comments: